Taking Lessons from Gracie Fowler
- Lessons should be undertaken seriously, with the appropriate amount of preparation.
- All lessons are paid for in advance, and require a 24 hour notice to qualify for a make-up lesson.
- Student should arrive for lesson with all appropriate music, reeds, instruments, pencil, notebook, and music bag to carry all the essentials.
- All instrumental students should consider a KORG tuner - especially the oboe/EH students. These can be purchased in a local music store for a modest amount .
- An essential is a metronone for practicing technique. Combination tuner/metronones are available and very useful for practice, lessons, and during ensemble rehearsals.
- Double-reed students, if they progress far enough will at some point need to make reeds. This is an essential part of an oboe-player's education. Reed-making requires various tools that will be discussed with the parent and student at the appropriate time.